On March 23, the presentation of the EU Project “Intensification of Influence of Teachers of Luhansk Region on the Processes of Reconciliation and Peace-Building” took place.
In order to provide better support for the implementation of the grant program launched by the EU Delegation to Ukraine, the UN Development Program, as part of the UN Peacebuilding and Recovery Program, has initiated a training workshop for the project beneficiaries. During which, reports were heard on the results of the implementation of projects for the first year: 01.01.2020 – 31.01.2021 and the beginning of the implementation of the plan for the second year: 01.02.2021 – 31.12.2022.
The workshop was attended by representatives of the Project Steering Committee: Vitalii Kurylo (project manager), Dmytro Uzhchenko, Olena Karaman, Iryna Myhovych, Dmytro Kovalov, Oleksandr Meniailenko, Larysa Shevchenko (members of the project committee) and Nazariy Anatamanchuk (strategic planner), Viktoria Yehorova ( anti-corruption specialist) and Ian Peiril (expert).
The project participants consistently reported on the work done to the experts. So, Vitalii Kurylo made a presentation of the university and familiarization of those present with the project team. Execution results for the first year (from January 1, 2020 to January 31, 2021):
- Improvement of infrastructure and material and technical base of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University.
- Improving the conditions for ensuring the effective work of the administrative and teaching staff of the University within the humanitarian component of the project.
From February 1, 2021, the implementation of the 2-year plan of the project has begun (February 1, 2021 – December 31, 2022). So, currently:
- Work continues on the reconstruction of the educational building of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University in Rubizhne city (8500 sq. m.).
- Normative documents are being developed to regulate the activities of six educational and cultural centers.
- Documents are being developed for the implementation of activities in accordance with the 2-year plan, namely:
– purchase of furniture and equipment for the dormitory, study rooms, centers and sites, a resource center, a conference hall, a publishing house;
– conducting training for the Project Management Committee;
– implementation of programs to improve teaching skills for teachers and lecturers (5 sessions);
– production of means of public notification (leaflets, brochures, mobile exhibition stand).
Olena Karaman spoke in more detail about the humanitarian component of this project: designing educational and cultural centers, conducting a sociological research, trainings.
Oleksandr Meniailenko made a presentation on the topic “Hardware and software support and information support” of the project “Intensification of Influence of Teachers of Luhansk Region on the Processes of Reconciliation and Peace-Building”. Execution results are:
- development of information support for the project (project website, You-Tube channel, official project pages on social networks Facebook and Instagram, distribution of press releases of events throughout the region);
- creation of an electronic document management system;
- detailed specifications for each center have been developed.
Vitalii Kurylo and Dmytro Kovalov conducted an excursion around the entire building, reporting in detail about the progress of construction work.